Here I will be reviewing and recommending a range of books written for primary-aged children and young adults.
This is my website/blog to help you as teachers, school staff and parents to get to know the books that will help children discover a love of reading for themselves and hopefully spread wider the same effects on children that I have had in my classroom.
You will find:
- Mr E’s Recommended Reads – a list of recommended reads for a particular month showcasing the books that I would recommend to my classes.
- Reviews – a broad range of reviews categorised by author (A-Z0, genre and age range.
- Q&A – where authors, illustrators and poets will join The Reader Teacher to answer questions (some of them asked by you!).
- Coming Soon… – take a look here to get ahead of the game and see what’s upcoming in the world of children’s publishing for you to order to read in the classroom.
- #ourauthorofthemonth/Resources – here you will find a continually developing drive of resources made by myself and other teachers for Author of the Month displays – take a look at the hashtag #ourauthorofthemonth on Twitter for inspiration and ideas.
- #BookoftheMonth vote – vote for the book that you are/would most like to read to your class for each month and find out the winner in the following month!
- Giveaways – keep an eye on and click this link to be in with a chance to win a (sometimes SIGNED!) copy of a book reviewed or recommended on here!
- Parents – there will be blog posts specifically recommended for parents to view to help with choosing books for your children to read at home to complement the reading they do at school.
- Libraries – a directory of libraries for your to search your local library’s catalogue to check books that have been reviewed and recommended here for you are in stock for you to use in the classroom (England/Scotland/NI libraries coming soon).
- Publishers – a directory of publishers for you to find linked activities and teacher resources for books or to contact publishers direct using their Twitter handles.
- Review Policy – please check here for my guidelines on reviews.
- Contact – feel free to contact me here on the ‘Contact’ page or on Twitter at @MrEPrimary.